Collections are Important. They represent the recovery of assets, property, fees, monies and even compensations.
Do Not Wait!
Time is of the Essence for all Collection Matters!!
Get Experienced & Knowledgeable Legal Assistance ASAP.
Your Goal is to Collect what is Owed to you; Our Goal is to help you successfully Collect.
Michael R. Sment and the Law Offices of Michael R. Sment have over 33 years of experience handling and litigation California Collection Matters.Our Offices have represented individuals, CA corporations, out-of-state corporations, national corporations, foreign corporations, limited partnerships, LLPs, limited liability companies, sole proprietorships, trusts, beneficiaries, guardians, conservators, debtors and many others in their attempts to Collect monies, property or things owed to them.
Litigation – Administrative – Regulatory (California, Other States or Federal)Negotiations* Mediations* Arbitrations* Trials * Appeals * Writs * Post-Judgment * Renewals
CIVIL, SMALL CLAIMS, UNLAWFUL DETAINER, STATE, BANKRUPTCY and FEDERAL Courts
Federal and State Administrative & Regulatory Agencies
Garnishments/Execution of Property/Seizures
Liens/Abstracts/Lis Pendens/Constructive Trusts
Debtor (ORAP) Examinations/Subpoenas
Breach of Contract/Fraud/Common Counts
Sister State Proceedings & Judgments
Sheriff’s Sale/Trustee’s Sales/Foreclosures
Mobile Homes/Manufactured Homes
Mr. Sment has recently received the following commendations –
* Recognition from the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California (for service on the 2016-2017 Bankruptcy Mediation Program Panel) (2017 – 18th Annual Appreciation Luncheon)
* Business Champion Award from the Oxnard Union High School District – Office of Career Education, Oxnard High School and The Law and Public Service Academy (2017 Ventura County Civic Alliance Recognition Ceremony)
* Certificate of Appreciation from the Superior Court of California, County of Ventura (for service as a Temporary Judge from 2007-2017) (“a significant contribution to our joint cause – the efficient administration of justice”) (2017 Volunteer Awards Luncheon)
NOTE: Mr. Sment has no current public speaking engagements or assignments currently scheduled. He has recently spoken, prepared and/or arranged discussions on various legal topics, relating to Real Estate, Bankruptcy, Business and Collection matters, for various legal and professional groups including:
* “How To Write A Book – The Basics Of Publishing” (Law and Public Services Academy, Oxnard High School);
* “The Basics of Bankruptcy Mediation” (Ventura County Law Library,Lawyers at the Library Series);
* “California Foreclosure Procedures” (Mrs. Fig’s Bookworm Bookstore);
* “Bankruptcy & Foreclosure Issues” (Ventura County Bar Association, Emeritus Attorneys);
* “Foreclosure Mediation” (Ventura County Bar Association, ADR Section).
Mr. Sment continues to author articles for the Ventura County Bar Association’s magazine, CITATIONS, and other legal publications and organizations.
He is presently working on sequels to his last publication, the book “Bankruptcy And Foreclosure Mediation: The Future of California Real Estate Disputes” (published February 2014 by Aspatore Books and ThomsonReuters, owners of WESTLAW and WEST). The “Bankruptcy And Foreclosure Mediation” book (ISBN 978-0-314-29185-1) is available online at legalsolutions.thomsonreuters.com, www.west.thomson.com/aspatore, and from other major publishers.
The sequels to “Bankruptcy And Foreclosure Mediation”, the planned next volumes in a projected series of specialized treatises, will focus on bankruptcy, real estate, foreclosure and mediation issues in different forums and court system(s).
These are great opportunities to learn more from one of the experts in these complicated, and comprehensive, fields of law, and to see how future California real estate, bankruptcy and collection matters will or should be handled.
Call our Offices (805-654-0311) or contact us online immediately for all your Collection needs or Collections Matters, whether for the plaintiff, defense or third-party. We are able to handle ALL Collection files, accounts, actions, negotiations, arbitrations, mediations or appeals, simple or complex. CA State Courts, Other State Courts, Federal Courts, Bankruptcy Courts, Government Agencies – our Offices can handle matters in any jurisdiction or location. Michael R. Sment and the Law Offices of Michael R. Sment are ready, and competent, qualified, knowledgeable and experienced, to handle ALL of your Collection issues, problems or matters.
Do Not Delay –
Time is Critical, and of the Essence, for ALL Collection Matters.