Ventura, California Business Law Attorney
Experienced CA Attorneys Protecting Your Business Interests
The world of business can be as dangerous as it is exciting. If you are planning to start your own business in California, or if you want to expand your current business, it is important to know how to protect yourself and your assets. For the last 33 years, the Law Offices of Michael R. Sment has been dedicated to the aggressive defense of businesses against harm arising from unfair contract terms, unscrupulous rivals, shareholder disputes and frivolous lawsuits. When companies in California need an attorney to help form, grow or protects their businesses and their business assets, the experienced and knowledgeable Attorneys Michael R. Sment and the Law Offices of Michael R. Sment are available and ready to assist.
Ventura Business Law Attorneys
Michael R. Sment represents individuals starting their own businesses as well as current business owners seeking to expand their operations. We provide a full range of legal services, including:
Mr. Sment has recently received the following commendations –
* Recognition from the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California (for service on the 2016-2017 Bankruptcy Mediation Program Panel) (2017 – 18th Annual Appreciation Luncheon)
* Business Champion Award from the Oxnard Union High School District – Office of Career Education, Oxnard High School and The Law and Public Service Academy (2017 Ventura County Civic Alliance Recognition Ceremony)
* Certificate of Appreciation from the Superior Court of California, County of Ventura (for service as a Temporary Judge from 2007-2017) (“a significant contribution to our joint cause – the efficient administration of justice”) (2017 Volunteer Awards Luncheon)
NOTE: Mr. Sment has no current public speaking engagements or assignments currently scheduled. He has recently spoken, prepared and/or arranged discussions on various legal topics, relating to Real Estate, Bankruptcy, Business and Collection matters, for various legal and professional groups including:
* “How To Write A Book – The Basics Of Publishing” (Law and Public Services Academy, Oxnard High School);
* “The Basics of Bankruptcy Mediation” (Ventura County Law Library,Lawyers at the Library Series);
* “California Foreclosure Procedures” (Mrs. Fig’s Bookworm Bookstore);
* “Bankruptcy & Foreclosure Issues” (Ventura County Bar Association, Emeritus Attorneys);
* “Foreclosure Mediation” (Ventura County Bar Association, ADR Section).
Mr. Sment continues to author articles for the Ventura County Bar Association’s magazine, CITATIONS, and other legal publications and organizations.
He is presently working on sequels to his last publication, the book “Bankruptcy And Foreclosure Mediation: The Future of California Real Estate Disputes” (published February 2014 by Aspatore Books and ThomsonReuters, owners of WESTLAW and WEST). The “Bankruptcy And Foreclosure Mediation” book (ISBN 978-0-314-29185-1) is available online at legalsolutions.thomsonreuters.com, www.west.thomson.com/aspatore, and from other major publishers.
The sequels to “Bankruptcy And Foreclosure Mediation”, the planned next volumes in a projected series of specialized treatises, will focus on bankruptcy, real estate, foreclosure and mediation issues in different forums and court system(s).
These are great opportunities to learn more from one of the experts in these complicated, and comprehensive, fields of law, and to see how future California real estate, bankruptcy and business matters will or should be handled.
BUSINESS NEEDS FROM A-Z
At the Law Offices of Michael R. Sment, we stand firmly beside our clients from business formation through dissolution, from attachment to Regulation Z., from initial filings through bankruptcy and foreclosure and probate. From abstracts of judgment (“A”) through zoning regulation matters (“Z”), the Law Office of Michael R. Sment can handle your business and business litigation needs. We review clients’ business plans and advise on all matters involved in properly forming and maintaining the business, including potential liability issues, corporate entity formation, business expansion, and competition issues. Once the business is formed, our Law Offices can continue to help the business grow by advising on insurance coverage, investment strategies, real estate or business acquisitions, and corporate compliance issues, along with handling claims, litigation and collection matters.
Commercial, Civil, Administrative, State, Federal or Regulatory – Michael R. Sment and the Law Offices of Michael R. Sment can provide the knowledgeable, experienced and expert assistance and advice that you or your company may need for All of your Business Matters, Situations and Problems.
Protect Your Business Today – Get The Experienced & Expert Advice You Need
The Law Offices of Michael R. Sment in Ventura stand ready to help you and help your business, and protect your business and its assets and properties, and to help your business achieve the success(es) you have envisioned.
Call our Law Office today at 805-654-0311 or contact us online to obtain the qualified Advice and Assistance that you need.